Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cinnamon Chips and Raisin Muffins

I had read about cinnamon chips several months ago and dreamed of what they would be like, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Some one gave me these recently- and they were everything I hoped for and more!
I've used them in cookies, bars, and now- muffins!

4 cups spelt flour
1 3/4 cup cane sugar
1 T baking powder
pinch of salt
4 eggs
2 cups kefir
1/2 cup oil or melted butter
1 cup cinnamon chips
1 cup raisins

Mix dry ingredients. Toss in the chips and raisins,
coating well with flour.
Mix wet and stir into dry.
Bake at 350 for 20 to 22 minutes. Makes 2 dozen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did the friend find the chips? they sound delish.

Joy said...

Mmmmmmm....I miss cinnamon chips! :(
Joy

Donna said...

Anony,
She didn't say where she got them...I will try to pick the info out of her later ;-)

I know online, that you can get them from Prepared Pantry, but these given to me were actually Hershey's brand!

Donna said...

Joy,
Do you know where to buy them? Walmart? Kroger's?

Joy said...

Donna,
I think I actually got those at a close out type scratch and dent grocery store. I think I may have found the once at wal mart during Christmas
Joy