Saturday, November 23, 2013

Roasted Marrow Bones

I can't think of any other form of a meat or beef cut that would trump marrow bones. They are my favorite!
I was just whining saying to someone the day before I stumbled on these, how hard they are to find.
These are quite popular overseas, but sadly not-so-much here.
Don't you just wanna sink your teeth into that meat around the outside? ..Sorry- my carnivorous side is acting up.
I was scouting for turkey prices when I glanced at the area where they keep all the 'weird things' in the meat department- and it was like the windows of heaven opened!

I confess- I bought every pack they had.
Yeah- they're THAT good!
(Well- to me they are- my kids think I'm sick.- 's okay- more for me!)

What do they taste like?
When you roast them, they have a buttery-beefy flavor but also like that of grilled beef.
The meat on the outer part of the bone is similar to that of ribs.
"Amazing" really sums it up!

They are lower in protein than meat cuts but very high in those bone-building minerals.
Yummmmm!
They're also very quick and easy to fix and you can boil the bones for broth when you're done.

Roasted Marrow Bones

-marrow bones
-salt
-pepper
-parlsey

Place bones in baking dish or lipped baking pan. 
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Roast at 450 for 22 minutes.

Psa 63:5-6  My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:  When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Yumm and so good for you! Great score for you!
Joy

Donna said...

:) I love them better than a t-bone!

Harper said...

I've never tried this!

In "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn," there is a butcher who encourages our main character to smear marrow on some bread for a sandwich for lunch.

Donna said...

Harper- that sounds delicious to me! I've heard some eat it on toast....I will look up the book, thanks!